Last Updated 22. August, 2018
1. Service and Website. Teachinguide (referred to, as applicable, as “Teachinguide”, “we” or “us”) provides publicly available and processed information on Udemy courses intended to make its customers successful as online instructors. Teachinguide delivers this service (the “Service”) through www.teachinguide.com (the “Website”). Teachinguide is owned and operated by Smart Data Brokers LLC, a limited liability company located in Switzerland.
2. Customer. As a customer of the Service or a representative of an entity that is a customer of the Service, you are a “Member” according to this agreement (or “you”). You represent that you have full power, capacity and authority to accept these Terms.
3. Account Requirements. To set up an account and use the Service you must:
4. Account Ownership. The Member who created the account and whose Payment Method is charged (the “Account Owner”) has access to and control over the account and is responsible for any activity that occurs through the account. To maintain control over the account and prevent anyone from accessing the account, the Account Owner should maintain control over access to the Service and not reveal the password or details of the Payment Method associated with the account to anyone. The Account Holders are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information providing to Teachinguide relating to the account. We can terminate your account or place your account on hold in order to protect you and/or Teachinguide. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account. We will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation. You may not modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works of, or in any way exploit, any of the Services, in whole or in part. When the Services are downloaded to your computer, you do not obtain any ownership in such Content.
5. Support. During the subscription period Teachinguide may provide at its sole discretion technical support to the Account Owner. All requests for Support must be made via support[add]teachinguide.com. No guarantees or commitments will be given regarding the responding time, the length of support and prospects of success.
6. Subscription. Teachinguide may offer the Service through a variety of billing methods, which include, but are not limited to, one-time subscriptions, monthly recurring subscriptions, and annual recurring subscriptions (“Subscription”). Teachinguide will bill you on the date you subscribe to the Service (“Subscription Date”) and will continue to bill you in accordance with your selected Subscription until you cancel the Service. You must cancel your Subscription at least one day prior to the next billing date to avoid a Subscription renewal. Fees will be billed to your Payment Method on the calendar day corresponding to the Subscription Date. Subscription fees are fully earned upon payment.
7. Payment Methods To use the Service you must provide one or more Payment Methods. Following any update, you authorize us to continue to charge the applicable Payment Method(s). You authorize us to charge any Payment Method associated to your account in case your primary Payment Method is declined or no longer available to us for payment of your subscription fee. You remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not cancel your account, we may suspend your access to the service until we have successfully charged a valid Payment Method. For some Payment Methods, the issuer may charge you certain fees relating to the processing of your Payment Method.
8. Cancelation You can cancel your membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to the Service through the end of your pre-paid billing cycle. We do not provide refunds or credits for any partial membership periods. To cancel, please contact us via email@example.com. If you cancel your membership, your account will automatically close at the end of your current billing period.
9. Changes to the Price and Subscription Plans We reserve the right to change our subscription plans or adjust pricing for our Service or any components thereof in any manner and at any time as we may determine in our sole and absolute discretion. Except as otherwise expressly provided for in these Terms, any price changes or changes to your subscription plan will take effect following notice to you.
10. No Refunds Payments are nonrefundable and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods. Following any cancellation, however, you will continue to have access to the service through the end of your current billing period.
11. Money Back Guarantee Notwithstanding Section 10, if you contact us within 10 days of your original sign-up, you are eligible for our Money Back Guarantee. To receive your money back, you must contact via firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10 days following your original sign-up and ask for a refund. Any contacts made after that 10 days period will not be eligible for our Money Back Guarantee. Only your first purchase is subject to the Money Back Guarantee; renewal orders are not eligible for the Money Back Guarantee under any circumstances.
12. Disclaimer of Warranties. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE APPLICABLE LAW, TEACHINGUIDE OFFERS THE WEBSITE AND SERVICE AS-IS AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE WEBSITE OR ITS SERVICE, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. TEACHINGUIDE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OR CONTENT CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE OR SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT OUR SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. IN PARTICULAR, TEACHINGUIDE MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE, IS AVAILABLE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, OR ERROR-FREE. TEACHINGUIDE DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INACCURACY, ERROR OR INCOMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDING THE BASIS OF THE SERVICE.
13. Limitation of Liability. EXCEPT TO THE MINIMUM EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND THEN ONLY TO THAT EXTENT, IN NO EVENT WILL TEACHINGUIDE, ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR AUXILIARY PERSONS BE LIABLE TO YOU ON ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE OR INCOME, LOST PROFITS OR CHANCES/GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICE, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES SUFFERED OR INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY THAT ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR SERVICE (OR THE TERMINATION THEREOF FOR ANY REASON), EVEN IF TEACHINGUIDE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS MADE ABOUT THE SERVICE IN ANY MONTH WILL BE NO MORE THAN WHAT YOU PAID US THE MONTH BEFORE.
14. Third Party Resources. These Terms apply only to this Website and the Service, and do not extend to the websites of any other person or entity. We may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other websites, or contents such as advertisements. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites, and do not endorse (and are not responsible or liable for) any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such websites. You further acknowledge and agree that, under no circumstances, will we be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage that is caused or alleged to have been caused to you in connection with your use of, or reliance on, any content, advertisements, products or other resources available on any other website (regardless of whether we directly or indirectly link to such content, advertisements, products or other resources).
17. Intellectual Property. We own all intellectual property, including copyright in all the content of the Website, unless otherwise indicated. Other product and company names mentioned are the trademarks or registered trademarks of third parties. If you wish to reproduce or use any of the content found on the Website, you are required to obtain our permission to do so. We permit linking to this Website from other pages.
18. International Users. The Service is controlled, operated and administered by Teachinguide from our offices within Switzerland. If you access the Service from a location outside Switzerland, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws. You agree that you will not use the content accessed through the Website in any country or in any manner prohibited by any applicable laws, restrictions or regulations.
19. Compliance with Law. If you are located outside Switzerland it is your responsibility to determine that you are compliant with the laws of that country. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any losses, including attorney fees that result from your breach of any part of this warranty.
20. Force Majeure. We shall not be liable for any failure of or delay in the performance of this agreement for the period that such failure or delay is due to causes beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to, war, hackers, third party internet providers, government orders, power failures, or any other force majeure event.
21. Severability. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provisions of these Terms shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
22. Assignment. You may not assign any of your rights under this agreement to anyone else. We may assign our rights at our discretion.
23. Notices. All notices to you will be effective when we send it to the last email you gave us or posted on our Website. Any notice to us will be effective when delivered to us at: email@example.com
25. Alteration. Teachinguide may alter this Terms from time to time, so please check them regularly. We will attempt to notify you of any significant changes but are under no obligation to do so. If you do not wish to be bound by such new terms and conditions you should cease using the Service. Continued use of the Service will be deemed to constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions as updated.
26. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of Switzerland, excluding the conflict of law rules and international agreements.
27. Dispute Resolution. The parties will endeavor to resolve any conflicts, disagreements or claims arising from or in connection with the Service out of court. Should the parties be unable to reach agreement out of court, the ordinary courts of law situated at the domicile of Teachinguide are the exclusive place of jurisdiction.
Copyright/Trademark Information. Copyright ©. All rights reserved. All trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on the Site are our property or the property of other third-parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks.